Payroll. It’s such a critical part of a successful business. Timely compensation is what keeps your team together, happily working hard, day after day. When payday comes, everyone is in a great mood. That is, until you have a day when the checks aren’t ready or the direct deposits didn’t go through as planned. People’s livelihoods depend on their stipend, so when there is a glitch in the system or it doesn’t arrive on time, it not only makes your payroll team look bad, it makes your company look bad.\
This nightmare scenario makes payroll one of the most important pieces to consider in your decision to upgrade to a new accounting program. To keep your team happy, you’ve got to know what the impacts will be when converting to a new system. A transition will often require new set-ups, team training sessions, procedural changes, trial runs and more. As with any big change, there will be obstacles to overcome, some foreseen and some unforeseen. It can be nerve wracking when you absolutely must get the payroll checks out in a timely manner. It’s scary — you don’t want to let your team down in the process of making progress.
But wait. What if you could still upgrade to a brand new accounting program without having to sacrifice your current payroll solution? You’ve heard the saying, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it,” right? It’s true! If you feel like your current payroll system is already working great, you don’t have to give it up. Why ditch the payroll you love for some shallow “canned” payroll module? Instead, you can simply integrate what you already have with Intacct.
Intacct seamlessly integrates with several best-in-class payroll providers — companies like ADP, Paychex and more. Even if you aren’t a fan of your current payroll program, you can get a new and improved solution that is a better fit for your company’s needs. (Check the Intacct Marketplace to see a current list of the payroll application integrations available.)
Whether you keep your current payroll solution or upgrade to a new one, integrating it with Intacct has a ton of benefits.
If you integrate your current payroll program with Intacct:
- There’s no time-consuming training required for your team to learn a new payroll program.
- Since it’s business as usual, there’s no downtime for getting payroll out asap.
- You won’t lose the rich feature-set of your existing, favorite payroll solution.
If you integrate your current payroll program OR a new one with Intacct:
- You’ll gain an enhanced 360-degree view of your business as a result of the integration.
- You won’t waste time trying to make disparate applications “speak” to one another. It’s already done for you.
- If your business needs to upgrade to a new payroll program in the future, you can simply integrate the new, better-fitting solution into Intacct whenever you are ready.
- The best of the best applications are highly competitive and dedicated to remaining top providers in their industry. You’ll get a constant flow of new and improved features to ensure that you continue to be happy with your payroll solution.
Speaking of features, always check and compare the features of the built-in payroll that comes with any new accounting program you’re considering. Depending on the needs of your business, that built-in suite may not be so “sweet” afterall.
Bottom line? Just because you need a new accounting program doesn’t mean you have to break up with your beloved payroll provider. A cloud-based solution, like Intacct, will work easily and seamlessly with it, and it’s our job at Roghnu to make it so. But if you’re still not sure, give us a call. We’ve done tons of integrations and are happy to share what we’ve learned along the way.