Intacct Methodology / Process
Roghnu’s implementation methodology is a delivery framework of phases, tasks, and milestones throughout the project. There are Five Phases:
Analyze & Detailed Planning
The overall goal of the Plan & Analyze phase is to understand the need for Intacct or issues that need to be resolved with the current configuration.
To begin the Plan step, we will begin with a Kick-Off meeting with you to further understand your goals and expectations as well as the strategic context and intent of the Project. During the initial meeting, we will Identify all Key Stakeholders who will be critical in making key decisions and holding team members accountable.
In the Analyze step of this phase, via interviews and small group workshops, we will focus on understanding and documenting your current processes, and desired resolutions, data migration/conversion, and end -user training needs.
In parallel, we will jointly review and mutually agree on the detailed Project Plan that will include: milestone dates aligned with key deliverables, staff resources and their roles. we will also provide an updated implementation level of effort estimate reflecting the information gathered. Other key deliverables from this phase include: End User Training Plan, Initial Customer and Vendor Data Upload Approach and Deployment Approach. At the end of Phase I, we may provide a more detailed Statement of Work with revised estimates. We will not proceed to Phase II without your approval of a new statement of work, if changes to the original Project scope have been made.
We will also offer product overview training to your key resources to enable productive participation in the configuration requirements process. Our goal is to ensure that these resources are able to maintain the system after the implementation is complete.
Design, Configure, Build
In the Design & Configure phase, we enable your new business capability by configuring the product setup, performing data conversion and report formats per your requirements. We also work jointly with you to perform the initial customer and vendor data upload into the new Intacct system. The key deliverable from this phase is a configured Intacct system loaded with your customer and vendor data and ready for the next phase.
Key Activities Include:
- Company Creation
- Define Business Users and Profiles
- Define Business Processes & Dimensions
- Configuration of Modules: GL Module, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Management, Purchasing, Fixed Assets, Pre-Paid Expense Amortization
- Creation of Sandbox for Testing
- Data Migration of Reporting Periods, Chart of Accounts, Entities, Dimensions, Bank Accounts, and Vendors
Test & Train
In the Test and Train phase, we test your new Intacct system and train your key resources on their new business capabilities. This includes Roghnu performing high-level product testing of your implementation to ensure it functions as intended. We then train your end users on the configured system loaded with your customer and vendor data to ensure they are proficient. Additionally, this training approach engages your key resources to document their own specific business process methods and procedures for use when the system is deployed and enable them to train additional users (train the trainer). After being trained, your users will also perform their own User Acceptance Test (UAT) to ensure the system is ready for ‘go live’ in the production environment. The key deliverables from this phase include proficient end users and a configured and user-accepted Intacct system ready for deployment.
Key Activities Include:
- Conduct User Acceptance Training
- Production Environment replicated from Sandbox
- Deliver Training to Key Resources on ongoing Maintenance
- Consult with Client on SOP definition for new processes
- Go Live Tasks including load open AP, reconcile open AP, load open AR, Reconcile AR, and receive Go Live Sign off
The Deploy phase includes all planning and production readiness activities leading up to and including the final system ‘go live’ deployment to the end users and transition of the application management responsibilities to the ongoing support unit (power user). The key deliverable from this phase is a successful deployment of your Intacct system in the production environment.
Key Activities include:
- Detailed Bank Reconciliation process documentation
- Meeting to review Q&A for Bank Reconciliations
- Complete & Load Employee Template
- Key Deliverable Sign-Off
Shortly after going live we will transition you to support and schedule an official transition meeting. At the meeting we will work with the support team to communicate the setup and configuration in use and explain how to contact the technical support team and obtain assistance.
Roghnu is also available to assist you with other future project-based work such as Intacct module enhancements, additional training, new module implementations, system customization, and system integration and report writing to meet your changing needs. Lastly, through our Roghnu account management process, we will continue to communicate with you about the new releases of Intacct and the new features that can be utilized by leveraging the most current version of the software.
Sage Intacct Project Team Role Descriptions
Roghnu project managers have over 10 years of software implementation experience coupled with certifications.
- Project Managers are responsible for updating the Project Plan, documenting the Project Status, Project Health Log, and sending the weekly report detailing Planned to Actual Durations and Planned to Actual Work.
Roghnu Intacct lead consultants have accounting undergraduate degrees; some have master’s degrees or are CPA’s. On average our lead consultants have over 6 years of software implementation and business experience, with 3 years of advanced Intacct experience.
Lead consultants will facilitate discussions and gather information relevant to defining the overall Intacct structure and design. Lead consultants are also in charge of managing the delivery of the specific project tasks to ensure the implementation is successful.
- Lead business process, workflow, and functional need reviews (may seek assistance from a Technical Consultant if and when necessary)
- Play a key role in the definition and design of the overall Intacct structure
- Be involved with the day to day activities of the implementation
- Help resolve any implementation issues or concerns that come up
- Ensure Roghnu implementation best practices are being followed
- Provide oversight and review the build of the Intacct system to ensure it complies with the agreed upon design
- Keep project manager informed of the status of the various project tasks and deliverables
Sage Intacct Consultant
Roghnu Intacct consultants have accounting undergraduate degrees; some have master’s degrees or are in pursuit of becoming CPA’s. On average our lead consultants have over 3 years of software implementation and business experience, with 2 years of basic Intacct experience. Our consultants receive formal Intacct implementation, configuration, and report writing trainings.
Intacct consultants will assist lead consultants with various tasks such as data imports, module configurations, and report writing.
- Preform master data or historical data imports
- Configure and setup CORE modules with guidance from lead consultant
- Be involved with the day to day activities of the implementation alongside the lead consultant
- Assist the lead consultant with the design and setup of various reports
- Communicate to lead consultant any system related concerns or issues if and when they arise
- Keep lead consultant informed of the status of the various project tasks and deliverables they have been assigned
Estimating Your ROI For Your Transition To Sage Intacct
We highly recommend all of our clients to let us perform an ROI analysis. This free consulting effort helps us determine where best to focus our efforts, helps you identify the value in selecting Intacct and communicating that value for approvals and broad acceptance. As this is a quick quote we do not have the information necessary to document an ROI, but provide some very common examples of improvements from other clients that moved to Intacct.
|Challenge||Current State||Future State|
|Manual process of entering AR invoices into legacy accounting application. Inability to scale as transaction volumes increase.||Approximately 4 hours per day at current transaction volume (1040 hours per year) (Est. $60k salary results in a $30k costs per year)||1040 hours per year times hourly rate of accounting resource saved (Est. $60k salary results in a $30k savings per year)|
|Delayed billing where key employees are out or due to employee turnover||Billing occurs only when accounting staff manually processes invoices (vacation and/or turnover delays invoicing)||Automated invoicing eliminates the need for manual entry|
|Billing errors||Billing errors occur on occasion due to manual entry (mis-keyed information, double billing, missed billing)||Automated invoicing eliminates errors associated with manual entry|
|Financial and Operational reporting||Excel reporting for financial and operational analysis (Error prone and stale data for timely Executive decision making)||Improved real time tracking and reporting for both financial and management accounting and operational reporting|
|Foundation for enterprise-wide integration and automation||No existing platform for enterprise-wide integration and automation||A foundation for enterprise-wide integration and automation to gain efficiencies and actionable information|
The example analysis above only considered a small number of the expected benefits to be gained from making the transition to Intacct. The first challenge noted above will resulted in savings to cover the entire implementation and first year license cost. Additional efficiencies and access to data further increase the ROI in year one. In year two and beyond, there can be a net positive benefit of at least $20k for the example above that is realized on a recurring basis.